Music Banter - View Single Post - Buying a black violin for a beginner
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Windy
Music Addict

Default Buying a black violin for a beginner

Hi, guys, have you ever suddenly crushed into some instruments? I recently have a crush for violin. I have seen the anime Dantalian no Shoka, and I am very interested in the Ideal Town and The Dusk, though I know that they may not exist. However, it seems that it is ridiculous that I want to learn violin because of this whatsoever. Friends tell me that the sound of violin always brings the feel of sad, and I agree with her and I like the beautiful sound.

Sorry to be wordy, so that’s what I want to say exactly. I decide to buy a violin from the internet and than teach myself violin. My cousin can play some violin, so I can get some help from him. Now, my cousin recommends me a violin.

(I am crazy about black, though it may look strange to have a black violin. ~) He said that I didn’t need a very good quality violin, so the price about 100$ is ok (bargain may hurts me).

“The bow is made from arbor and white horse tail
The head, back and sides of violin are made from Acer mono
The fingerboard is made from spruce “

I am 161cm (shy~), so it is a 4/4 violin. (I know I need to know the knowledge and theory of violin, but I just hurry to receive my violin. ~)

Do you guys have any advice?

PS. If I have got the violin, I will post the picture here.

Last edited by Windy; 12-08-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote