Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite version of Summertime?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #31 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Hmm.. ok. So does the fact that they changed it make it better than the original? Or does it just prevent it from taking away from the cover? I agree that changing a song is necessary for a cover (I believe I said so in my original post) but it's more of a "lack of detriment" than an advantage to the song, if that make sense. Janis Joplin's version is also very different from the original (as indeed are most of the versions in this thread, to different extents). Does the extent to which the cover varies from the original make a difference to you? What do you think about the other versions in the thread?

What about the fact that the band is Dutch? Does that make a difference to you? If you love the guy's voice, do you disagree with what I said about the high-pitched wails? Do they add to the song for you, or would you, like me, prefer if he hadn't done them?

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote