Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #18363 (permalink)
anticipation
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexthe4th View Post
@Anticipation

I hope the hilarity of having this conversation in a thread entitled, Member Picture Gallery, is not lost on you. You brought up posting pictures not being a completely innocent venture. Innocence or guilt has absolutely nothing at all to do with anything that we're discussing. I'll give it to you for arguments' sake.

1. Never once did I ask anyone what they thought of what I look like.
2. You do not know my purpose for posting pictures on the internet is.
3. Posting opinions and comments is just as invasive and provocative as posting pictures. In fact, it's more personal in many ways. Posting a picture of yourself in a thread marked for that purpose is a conversation starter in it's own way.
4. I post in other areas of this forum as well, and I stay on topic on those threads.

All that being said, I would like again to stress that I want to have fun and create fun. And maybe, starting this weird off-shoot of a situation and discussion is fun, too. Maybe more fun than posting pictures, and maybe more ego-driven and maybe more vain, no?
Fair enough, I've said the exact same thing to the countless new members who've joined, done the same thing as you have, and then left or fallen away into obscurity. Being here for a few years gives you a bit of bias I guess against anyone who does this sort of thing right off the bat. How about you tell me why you like posting so many pictures of yourself, when one would obviously suffice. Why not space them out at least? Why not actually establish yourself as a solid contributor rather than immediately trot out glamour shots?
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote