Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #380 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chives View Post
Haha then I won't bother checking it out unless I find it in a dollar bin at a record store. Maybe I'll try and tackle it on youtube if I ever take a liking to the Grateful Dead.

Similarly, I would like to know what you guys think about Self Portrait. Everything I've heard about it has basically just intrigues me more and more, despite it apparently being a joke and terrible and all that jazz. I mean, is it an interesting terrible?

I did see a nice copy of Nashville Skyline at my local record store. I'm kind of tempted to buy it.
it's not really terrible, it's just all over the place, and the fact that there are quite a number of covers on it doesn't help much

i wouldn't really recommend you jumping on it so soon without sampling his other better albums first

his worst album, by his own admission, is Dylan [1973], as he has disowned it, and is mostly outtakes of Self-Portrait

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote