Music Banter - View Single Post - Just Can't Keep My Filthy Hands Of Your Piece Of Mind - Bob's Guide To Noise Rock
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

it was my plan to ruin your life

D I V O R C E

so this is one of the "newer" bands on my list....not a whole lot of info (just the basics)

the basics

Divorce are four dorks from Glasgow, Scotland....their names are Vickie McDonald, VSO, Jennie Fulk and Andy Brown.....they've been together since 2008....

the end

what Lydia Lunch said about them....

"DIVORCE...HA!

Fantastic blast of no wave thrash bashing
like ungodly offspring sprung from Cuntzilla's incubator
a bloody smear of nasty mutation
oozing a sickly runoff of infectious virulence

naughty little bastards...."

they have release on Ep, a split with the band Comanechi, a split with the band Ultimate Thrush, and a handful of singles.....i think most of this is available on their bandcamp page.....so if you love this as much as i do....google them and give them a couple of pounds for their great music

ST-EP

Early Christianity 4:21
Pipe Down 3:19
Juice Of Youth 3:42
Scissor Fight 5:01

four songs and clocking in at just under 18 minutes....this is the shit!!!!!.....each song just compliments the next and this turns out to be the best 18 minutes of your life....crushing and well orchestrated

the opening track Early Christianity opens with revolving drums, then fast but loud bass....the blasts of jarring guitar quickly blending into a visceral chaotic mess....then the vocals start....."We've got lepers and thieves, We've got thieves and whores, Unconditional love of early Christianity"....man can this chick scream....it makes me wonder if after a live set she can even talk.....seriously this one of my absolute favorite female vocals....just amazing
then straight in the slower yet thunderous Pipe Down....nicely structured with just bass and drums....till the chorus which just explodes all over you....from that point the song just builds and builds till its very abrupt end....next is my favorite track on the album Juice Of Youth (which ironically is the only song i could not find on youtube!)...it starts of fairly conventional....nice bass and high hat drumming.....then the vocals (oh the sweet vocals) "Children stay in line....." after that it becomes just a wonderful mess....a real delight....damn i love this song....it seriously is all over the place....the final track Scissor Fight....starts of very conventional (for noise rock) straight of the text book written by the likes of Flipper, clockcleaner, jesus lizard and pissed jeans.....noisy and bombastic......the song continues with grinding faster section to gut wrenching feedback and slow parts....a wonderful ending that in my opinion just comes way to soon

to end this post....here is Glasgow's (fab four) playing a free show under a bridge.....these guys are on the top of my need to see live list.....so if by chance any member of this band comes across this review....a)my name is Bob....i live in Reno, NV USA....where it is still legal to drive with a rifle and shot gun in your car as long as you only use it to kill animals....and you guys are one of my favorite bands that i've found in the past couple of years b) at least try and make it to San Francisco....i'm am positive you'll be welcomed with open arms c) i'm coming to the UK in about a year and a half....so please don't break up and continue to tour the islands

end transmission.

Last edited by bob.; 11-29-2011 at 03:37 PM.
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote