Music Banter - View Single Post - skyrim
Thread: skyrim
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #56 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
By the way, why all the love for the Stormcloaks?

I mean the Stormcloaks are just fascist warmongers who want to keep Skyrim to themselves. In so doing, they would weaken both Skyrim and the Empire against the coming war against the Dominion. Plus, lots of Nords support the Empire and have joined it's ranks and Talos, the guy the Stormcloaks want to worship, was the man Tiber Septim who founded the empire in the first place.

Undoubtedly the Empire is not all good either, but I consider it the better option. Am I the only one who thinks that way?
I think I fell into the trap of being exposed to the Stormcloaks first and seeing their side of the story, which, with such a limited viewpoint, didn't seem all that bad.
And regardless of the fact that each side tells their story through their own lense, it was just a matter of chance that I happened to go with the Stormcloak when escaping Helgen, and just went down that path. (even though I still haven't taken a side)

But still, I'm wondering if it even matters in the end. Is the ending like Fallout endings, where the choices you made play a part in the end? Is there even an ending? I'm pretty confused about that aspect of TES games, as this is my first one.