Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #853 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

I'm not saying that it should be an overnight thing, but I'd just like to see something subtle that indicates the survivor's humanity is slowly being chipped away by the anarchy around them.

As for characterization, I agree that many of the characters are well characterized except for a select few, Rick being one of them. Another was the little girl and her mother, who really only seem to exist to be the ones the others protect because they are too fragile to do it themselves. We know next to nothing about either of them except the mom married an asshole, so it seemed kind of messed up that they turned the little girl into a plot device for the second season, only to then put the other child who we've grown to like in the same exact danger, IN THE SAME EXACT EPISODE. If your only way to raise the stakes is by pulling the child endangerment card, you're not doing your series any justice, and then to make everything the characters did in the ensuing episodes to find her meaningless just really pissed me off.

It's like what jackhammer said, it's not the production, acting, or effects, that's ruined the show for me, but the writing.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote