Music Banter - View Single Post - Goshdarn you, Britain
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykonos View Post
If you haven't seen this already:

My worry is that a lot of people in our country agree with this woman, and would probably sit watching this video nodding their heads. She clearly has no idea whatsoever of anything she's on about, so why do they think she's right? Is petty racism and slander really what Britain's turning into?
Most intelligent people don`t think she`s right and just see her for the piece of scum that she actually is, the big concern is for that poor kid of hers, as he will probably be influenced by that attitude of hers as he grows up, I`m surprised nobody hit her or beat her up on the train or tram.

I`d say attitudes today are actually less racist than they were, as a kid who grew up in the 1970s and 1980s, I had friends from ethnic backgrounds who at times suffered from racial slurs etc when they went out of their immediate environments, today they wouldn`t face it so it has got better.

As said, these people are everywhere and nearly every first world country today is inter-racially mixed and there is really no turning back, we live in a completely muti-racial society and there is really no turning the clock back on that.

The only thing that brought a smile to my face (I know that doesn`t sound appropriate) was when she mentioned the Poles, the poor old Poles always seem to get it! The fact of the matter is though, that your average Polish worker here, is a damn site harder working and more polite than your average british worker.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote