Music Banter - View Single Post - Is technical ability everything?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
You're right. I'll take Mclaughlin over Satriani or Vai any day. I'll take Les Paul and Chet Atkins over Vai and Satch as well.

Buckethead is one technical guitarist that I find to be pretty interesting. Definitely more interesting than Malmsteen, Vai, and Satch. I think he has a lot more style and creative ability than those guys. He has the ability to play a million notes a minute, but he doesn't do it all the time, because he has some style.
I'm a bit worried that Sun Lagos Jew Sun Ra will turn up and start blaring about how good Keiji Heino is.

There isn't really anything interesting about playing a million notes a minute, to be honest. If you don't believe me, I'll defy you to point me towards an interesting Dragonforce track. Brian May in my opinion was one of the best for this, he would noodle when the time was appropriate, and the result was some very subtle but engaging sound. Buckethead may well be another for all I know, I haven't found time to check out his better albums you recommended, Blastingas.
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote