Music Banter - View Single Post - The Evolution of Music: Accident, or Adaptation?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #42 (permalink)
SIRIUSB
Luciferian

I'm going to comment on the OP and avoid getting in the middle of all this turmoil.

Concerning the Darwinian evolution of music, I wouldn't agree that 'music' as we define it today has evolved by natural selection, but rather that 'sound' did and in a very esoteric definition of music (the organization of sound and silence in time) perhaps could have evolved by natural selection.

One of my favorite ideas concerning Cymatics is that after the Big Bang there existed a soup of cosmic dust so to speak, and resulting from this tremendous super nova there also was put into motion the Primordial Vibration.

Called the Word in the Judeo-Christian Bible, Hindu Scriptures call it Naad and Shruti, Persian scriptures Sraosha, Kalma in Muslim scriptures, ‘the Sonorous Light' in Buddhism, Naam or Shabd by the Sikhs, in Patanjali Yoga Darshan, the God/dess Ishwara is a Being expressed by this original vibration (Pranav) and Madam Helen Blavatsky and the Theosophists call it ‘the Voice of Silence'.

The most popular word for this is OM, and through the influx of vibration all things in the physical Universe were created through sacred geometry such as the Fibonacci sequence, the Golden Mean.
SIRIUSB is offline   Reply With Quote