Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #3788 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

I will admit that I'm not well-versed enough in the genre to make any real distinctions. I tried to read The Hobbit when I was 11 and it just didn't click with me, same with the Lord of the Rings series when the movies started coming out. I absolutely adored the films but for whatever reason I had a real tough time getting into the books. I can't even really say what it was that made it difficult, but I also haven't tried since I was about 14 so perhaps it's time for a retread once I'm up-to-date with the A Song of Fire and Ice series. I was always more into contemporary fiction, science fiction, and horror as a child and teen, and those preferences carried on into my adult life. Once I have finished my current series and retry the Lord of the Rings series, I may give the Robert Jordan Wheel of Time series a chance, however that will probably not be for a few months at the earliest and it will take me some time to get caught up with my current series. By all means if you've got some recommendations I would love to hear them.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote