Music Banter - View Single Post - The Evolution of Music: Accident, or Adaptation?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #46 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeden888 View Post
Maybe, I need some stupid pills. Could you recommend a good stupid doctor?
Quote:
Perhaps I should point out clearly that before you go around calling someone stupid, you might want to put down the PBR, and consider finishing 5th grade.
The third time's the charm they say.
Quote:
I'm just guessing, however, I have no idea. You may be 12 or 13, who knows?
Quote:
But, since I do actually have a degree in psychology, I feel like I am qualified to have a different opinion on the subject. How about you? I'm sure you have a PhD, right?
And then:

Quote:
I may have made some light-hearted jabs, but, they were not malicious in intent, as, I know the reply I received was. If you're going to call someone out as stupid, and completely ignorant of the topic at hand, have some class. Or, expect a reply.
I think that this is ridiculous. I think there's nothing productive in that at all. I hope tore feels patient enough to deal with you, because I don't like this kind of derision followed by hypocritic excuses.

Moving back to the topic, I think tore said some useful stuff concerning evolution and the changing abilities and capacities of the human brain. To add to his argument I'd like to say specifically that the capacity for creativity and hence ingenuity demonstrated in music is exactly the same as the capacity for invention, engineering and the desire for inquiry, hence from an evolutionary perspective the humans with larger creative capacity would be "fitter" (using tore's words), and if so more likely to pass on that capacity in it's DNA.
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote