Music Banter - View Single Post - The Evolution of Music: Accident, or Adaptation?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #48 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Just an FYI, the guy you're saying all this to is actually a professional scientist who is quite well educated.
Quote:
Perhaps I should point out, clearly this time, that this is the stupidest post I've read so far in the thread.
Quote:
Try and understand the thread instead of just pretending that you do
The stupidest post written by someone who lacks understanding and pretends he is not stupid.

Gee, that's not insulting. How inconsiderate of me to respond to these kind words. I'm sure there was no malice intended.

I've addressed this, so, I will simply bow out of this thread, because, I am obviously not qualified, and, I appear to be the villain. My reply was no more insulting than this, I simply tried to make it humorous.

I did end mine by saying 'peace to you brother', and I meant it. My reply was not malicious in intent.

Again, I offer a handshake, and, no hard feelings. It's over. Why do I need to be portrayed, or made to seem like I committed a crime here?

I defended my position with a valid argument, and, also provided the evidence that I was misquoted.

I will bow out of this thread, so, everyone wins. I am not here for contentiousness. I get plenty on other forums on which I address serious issues.

This is my fun forum, so, fun's over on this thread

Someone did forget to mention something when they posted how sound and musical harmony(I guess) evolved from Big Bang. There was no mention of the nine Muses, daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, which included:

Euterpe (Music)
Polyhymnia (Hymns)
Terpsichore (Dance)

I am certain that the various scriptural accounts are much more viable as scientific fact, but, as for the Biblical account, I believe it was Tubal-cain who was the instructor of men in all artifices of brass and stringed instruments. I do not know who his vocalist was, but, David apparently was a singer, and his psalms I don't believe were meant as a means to impress chicks. Unless, the LORD was actually Eve. I have some pretty good evidence that he was a she.

Sorry I addressed this on your post, but, as I am exiting I did not want to waste anymore space

I am smiling, so, please do not think for a moment that I am being anything less than light-hearted and cordial. Sarcasm is only malicious if it is intended to be, and, mine is not.

Since this thread is discussing the psychology and evolution of something, I will leave with a song. It is 'psychobilly', and is sung by a Reverend.

It is not a mating call, however.

peace my brother

steve