Music Banter - View Single Post - Similar Sound as Brand New
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Thrice, Manchester Orchestra are two that immediately come to mind

Are you looking for "Deja Entendu/Devil and God" Brand New or "Devil and God/Daisy" Brand New? That is, emo brand new or post-hardcore brand new?
All three are great, but, I really don't consider them emo. And, Manchester Orchestra and Thrice, I have them all and Love them as well. I was going to add MO to the list, but, nobody seems to compare the two but me. And, you now Thrice is freaking great. More post-hardcore than emo. Whatever source originally compared today's emo with php is flat silly. Original emo, yes, but it is pop now.

Any band you can compare to bands like Against Me!, Rise Against, Nothington, Alkaline Trio, Menzingers, and just a variety of various genres, folk punk, freak folk, and any punk turned folk soloist. I Dustin's solo, Frank Turner, Nightwatchman, Tim Barry, Chuck Ragan.

See what you can do here.

Alberta Cross
Crazy Arm
Mountain Goats
Blitzen Trapper
Cave Singers
Deer Tick
Cobra Skulls
Lucero
Middle Class Rut
mewithoutYou
Hold Steady
Attack in Black

Heard of these? I'm sure at least a few. I'm just digging for more music. I'm old, and after 40 years of Led Zeppelin, even they get stale. So, anything you think I might like I would appreciate.

thanks.

peace

No Dillinger Four.....have em, but, not crazy for some reason.

peace