Music Banter - View Single Post - Similar Sound as Brand New
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 05:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
Ah I almost posted rejoice, I knew I should have I love that one too! I do know and love Defiance, Ohio, Michael Jordan Touchdown Pass and Mischief Brew. They just didn't cross my mind for some reason, although they are all some of my favorite bands. Do give some of the top bands a chance, they are different then what you might expect with what is generally perceived as modern "emo or screamo."
Actually Charlemagne, I haven't gotten the chance. I'm glad you mentioned that they are different than what I might expect, so, I will listen. I have been busy writing, and, was ironically listening to the Hold Steady when I clicked the email And, I was just laughing again, because, you seem like to quote Craig, and, he doesn't almost kill me, he slays me too

I was thinking what is my favorite Hold Steady song. I can always find certain meaning to artists lyrics, but, Craig Finn is off the freaking wall. How does he come up with this sh*t?

She said, my name's Steve Perry, baby
People call me Circuit City
I'm so well connected
my UPC is dialed into the system?

The Swish is one. I'm trying to narrow it to a few. What's yours? And, I do also love Charlemagne in Sweatpants, so, it's up there too. Both Crosses might be. I just can't get over how utterly original he is. How can anyone classify this Band? Indie rock? Oh well. They are one of those few special bands you can't classify.

And, I think Franz Nicolay put out two really good solo albums. He toured with Against Me! for about a year, did you know that?

Oh well, thanks again. I will listen tomorrow....or today I guess, it's 7:30 am, and I have terrible insomnia, so, I'm going to make an effort to sleep. I'm trying to learn how to lucid dream, but, I have to doze off first

take care

peace

steve