Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #249 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post
I paid 60 bucks for a new nut for my guitar, but at least it was cut properly, and it works better than the older one by far. We have similar guitars, but I'm guessing the nut that came with your tele was very thin, and shallow.

I'm thinking about cutting one exactly like the one I have on my guitar right now as blanks (2) only cost a couple of bucks, and I have a pretty good guide as to how to where to cut.

Fender Nut Blanks for Vintage Strat / Tele: Shop Accessories & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

Guitars are pretty damn irritating when it comes to intonation. I know I've been pretty pissed when trying to get it to sound in tune up the neck, but it's in pretty good shape right now (thank god).
I actually had to sell that (stupid I know) a while back because I couldnt find a job and needed to pay rent. I now have an SX strat copy with a mahogany body and 2 p90s. Replaced the tuners/bridge/block and nut. The new nut isnt cut well though. Was preslotted from gfs and the guy at the shop trimmed it and shimmed it. Other than the nut the guitar plays amazingly well, its only a 120$ to start with. The new saddles and heavy brass block really made a big difference though.

Ill put some pictures up soon as I get the cts250k pots and speed knobs in.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote