Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #560 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Let's have one more poke at the Eurovision before the year ends. Come on, it's Christmas! Well, nearly...

Coming right up to date with this one, just to prove that Eurovison hasn't improved with the passage of time, here we have Ukraine's entry for 2009, a lady who thinks she's Cher, Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga all rolled into one unholy entity, with a song so bad even Rhianna might (might!) turn it down were it to be offered to her for her next album, “Making money with my body, Vol IX”!

I guess you'd have to say they're only relatively recent entrants to the contest, as they only achieved their independence after the breakup of the Soviet Union, and they obviously wanted to make a splash. Well, they certainly did that. If theatre was one of the criteria for the Eurovision (it isn't?) then this performance would have gone a long way towards gaining the former Soviet republic their first victory. Oh, sorry, their second. Apparently they won in 2004, the second year they entered. Well, sue me. I'm not a fan of Eurovision, just a fan of making fun of it!

Mind you, she can play the drums pretty well, can't she? And at least she looks sexy! Don't quite know what's going on with those dancers dressed as Roman soldiers, though. Still, gotta envy that guy at 2:06!

Anyhow, this is their entry for the 2009 contest. It came twelfth, but at least it's in English!

2009 --- Ukraine --- “Be my valentine! (Anti-crisis girl)” by Svetlana Lobada

Last edited by Trollheart; 03-19-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote