Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #17500 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Speaking of finals, just finished a take-home final, whose answers were all on the internet and in my book.

I don't know if I should feel bad about cheating... I mean, if an instructor gives you a test to take home, it's probably apathy rather than a test of integrity. (or they want everyone to pass, which would indicate a desire for the students to cheat)

I know the material, but why not get a perfect score?
Welp, that's what I up and did...
Don't feel bad. I had a take-home exam for one of my political science courses last year, and I had two days to complete it, so I thought "what the hell, they won't know that I'm researching info I need to know for this thing." Instructors should expect that if they're assigning take-home exams.

Of course, instructors want everyone to pass, or at least as many students as possible receiving a passing grade. Here, they usually have a quota to meet (I think it's 80% or something), and exceeding that quota looks really good on their record. I had one professor in first year that was actually suspended last year, because for three consecutive semesters (or four, I don't remember), less than 60% of students passed her course.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote