Music Banter - View Single Post - Frank Zappa or Captain Beefheart?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #61 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
I feel sorry that people interpret Don as such an egotistical individual -- he was truly gifted creatively but seriously could not give a damn what others saw in him.
In all fairness, I respect Beefheart 100% musically. However, history tells me he was kind of a cock.

I mean, he had a reputation for never being able to hear his vocals even if he screamed at the top of his lungs. Even to the point of throwing violent fits.

Furthermore, the way he treated a lot of his band members was abysmal. I think in particular John 'Drumbo' French who not only is a remarkably underrated drummer(Listen to 'Mirror Man', it's quite astonishing), but also apparently the transcriber, and coordinator of instruments on Trout Mask Replica.

With that said, it bears nothing on my appreciation of the man as a musician, and shouldn't effect one's decision when voting. Just saying, he wasn't known for his kindness.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote