Music Banter - View Single Post - skyrim
Thread: skyrim
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 AM   #89 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

Have you faced elder dragons ? There is like 8 different kinds of them, the most popular blood dragons are indeed easy, but once their elder brothers and sisters appear ... they're able to damage you for ~350 hp (with no resistance bonuses) with one breath attack fly-by. Once they land though, well, it's the same old.
During the main quest you learn 2 very fun shouts - dragonrend which forces dragons to land and another one that lets you actually summon dragons.
To all that want to focus on the main quest: don't start the "The World-Eater's Eyrie" quest unless you're committed to finishing the game. It's not the end and there is quite a bit still to do after that, but once you do (I don't want to post any spoilers) there won't be a chance to fast travel to some distant town to resupply or do that odd quest. Oh, and I fell this needs to be stressed - after finishing the main quest, you are back in Skyrim, free to roam and do all the other quests. Just without an epic purpose
I completed the game on lvl 46, it took me roughly 76 hours. And by completed I mean of course completed the main quest.
Also, once I crafted myself a full set of light dragon armor, with smithing at 100 and a +40% bonus from items, enchanted it with skill boosts (+30% one handed damage, +30% bow damage, +30% light armor skill and a full variety of 50% resistance boots) and got the dragonslayer katana - it all became waaay too easy.
Finally, I think choosing the khajit was a mistake. Why ? Well, has any one of you managed to get a wife ?? I read up a bit on it online (though there isn't much out there as the game is still new) and it seems every city has a handful of ladies you can marry, once you do they will e.g. run a store, providing you with 100 gold/day passive income, or increase the learning bonus you get when you sleep in your bed - from 10% to 15% faster skill learning if you sleep with your spouse.
As a khajit though, not one wanted me ... which seems kind of odd when you think about how many women out there actually prefer cats to men Though in some way it was actually refreshing.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote