Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #857 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

That's how I kind of feel about No Reservations by Anthony Bourdain, some episodes are great and really informative and others... not so much. I remember Stephen Fry came on Top Gear after he did that show and said that he gained a lot of weight while living in the US so nobody can say he didn't have an authentic experience.

Anyhow I just got caught up with this season's Supernatural and you'll be pleased to know that when I said that there was nowhere to go but down after the fifth season, I was completely right. I'm flabbergasted by just how close this show's demise followed The X-Files' back in the late '90's, hell it's pretty ironic because it was my love of The X-Files that got me into watching Supernatural back in 2005 when the series started. A pretty boring first season, more interesting second season, hugely improved third season, almost perfect fourth season, and satisfactory fifth season that should have ended the series. The show's original creator wanted it to be over after 5 seasons, but with the shows increased ratings during the 4th and 5th, and the two leads' signed contracts for 6 seasons, the producers decided to milk this cash cow till it's nipples turn to little black rocks. There's absolutely nowhere to go now, everything is a retread and we're halfway done with the 7th season and we still don't know what the stakes are yet. The third season it was trying to save Dean from going to hell, 4th season it was trying to stop Lilith from releasing Lucifer from hell, 5th season it was stopping Lucifer and the apocalypse. How the hell do you top the apocalypse? Even when the producers finally decide to put it out of it's misery, there's no clean easy way to do it. If they kill off the two main characters then it seems like a cop out, but they erased both of their past lives so there's nowhere to go for them except death, or retiring and living in some old backwoods house, scared shitless that something will come for them in the middle of the night. Both options suck, but they're the only options left.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote