Music Banter - View Single Post - 25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #95 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
great review of a truly great album

my only problem with A Sun That Never Sets...is exactly what you point out....this album demands to be listened to from beginning to end....if i have this in a group of albums and on random i can't get more than a minute or two into a song before i just start with Erode

this is such an amazing step for Neurosis....and what they did was nothing short of perfect

have you seen the companion film that was made for this album?
I had no idea there was a film! I'll have to track that down. What's it called?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
i recently gave an old friend my old ipod fully loaded with albums i felt he needed to listen to....i included this album....for years i've been trying to turn him onto Neurosis and although he understood why people would like them.....they just never clicked with him....we went out for beers a couple days ago and i asked him how he was enjoying the ipod.....and his first reaction was how amazing this album is
Nice!

I remember several years ago trying to get a friend, and former bandmate, into this album and all he could do was complain about the vocals.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote