Music Banter - View Single Post - Immortal Technique
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #106 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

I finally got around to listening to his new album The Martyr (2011) which makes me feel kind of bad that I waited so long. Usually I have to be in the right mood for Tech, he can be a little too abrasive and in-your-face at times, and sometimes I think he could use a lesson in respecting other peoples' choices (such as vegetarianism), but you can't deny that he is at least real and that's admirable.

The Martyr isn't Revolutionary Vol. 3 but it's just as good and may as well be. Tech has REALLY stepped on on his flow on this album, meaning he actually has some. His old style was more just along the lines of stomping over the beat like it was about to catch fire, but on The Martyr he really shows off his chops. He's also calmed down at least in his delivery. Now he's still abrasive but more in an academic way, or reserved or something. Basically he's the same guy but a bit more refined, however some songs feel like the spiritual successors on his earlier albums. It's a very political album and with the recent rise of movements across the world this year, he touches on all of them. This is probably his most accessible album too, so if you've heard his name and heard some of his earlier songs but weren't really drawn in, give this one a try.

Should anybody feel inclined to grab this album, he released it as a free download from Viper Records.

http://viperrecords.com/index.php/ar...rtal-technique
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote