Music Banter - View Single Post - Dubbed Audio or Subtitles
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Phantom Limb
Chocolate Homunculus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
You raise an interesting point that I never thought of, that being that Cowboy Bebop is a more western styled show. I don't know why I never thought about that, I guess because it didn't really feel foreign my mind never made the association. I felt the same with the steam punk anime Steamboy, but I think that's more because it was kind of weird to see a movie set in 19th century England with people speaking Japanese.

If I watch a more Japanese based anime like Slayers or Full Metal Alchemist I'll use the subtitled option because the dubbing just feels off.
That's weird, I always thought the dubbing for FMA was really good. In general, i actually think that dubbing in anime is much more watchable than in live action films cause it doesn't look as bad when animated mouths are out of sync.

In anime, I think it's much more important for the voice actors to have charisma and fit with the general vibe of the character than be dubbed correctly. Having both is nice too though.Hayao Miyazaki - IMDb

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote