Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #5919 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Mrd00d's Last 7 Days

1. Tom Waits - 119 (Thank Bad As Me and BoneMachine for this, I'm finally on board with the Waits)

2. Rotor - 78 (Finally picked up the new '4' as well as the older '2' and 's/t' to add to my '3' album. Now I've got plenty of Rotor! W00t!

3. Wooden Shjips - 48 (Their new album West has been getting many plays from me since I got it a few weeks back; their older work is great too, but this is a finely presented album that really just flows right.)

4. Astronautalis - 40 (New album is pretty enjoyable. I like it more than his last, even.)

4. Animals as Leaders - 40 (Same deal, their second album just came out recently and it's shred-tastic. The musicianship here is off the charts a bit. Excellent instrumental metal)

5. Eligh - 29 (Eligh & AmpLive's Therapy at 3 came out recently and I thought it was pretty good, but just got me in the mood to relisten to Grey Crow)

6. Thanatopsis - 27 (Buckethead and Travis Dickerson. It's classic awesome on another level. You think you've heard Buckethead, wait til you hear this. The juxtaposition of the guitar and keys make for very beautiful music.)

7. Electric Moon - 24 (Multi-instrumentalist Dave Schmidt aka Sula Bassana's newer side project. Space rock with long soaring passages that make me **** my pants. Average track length is 10 minutes + so if I went by minutes spent, Electric Moon would be tops this week. There have been 3 or 4 released in the last 2 years and they're all par excellent in my book)

8. Chick Corea - 23 (This spring/summer's Forever live album with Clarke and White has been getting good rotation. It's a long album coming in at almost 2 hours 20 minutes so there's lots of material to get acquainted with)

9. Megadeth - 18 (new album... I tried. Pretty shrug worthy)

10. Freak Kitchen - 17 (Brushing up on my Mattias Eklundh staples)

11. Gösta Berlings Saga - 16 (Never heard of these guys until 2 days ago and I am pretty enthralled with their 2011 Glue Works album. I need to see if they have any other works. Recommended to me by a member of Oresund Space Collective as one of his top albums of the year. It might make my list also)

12. DJ Shadow - 15 (New album - worth it, but in a different way than his classics. Solid listen. It may need room to grow, but I'm there already. It's got some classic tunes, it crosses genre very well, and it's fairly mellow.

12. Astra - 15 (New album The Weirding is awesome)

14. Ozric Tentacles - 14 (New album Paper Monkeys is much more enjoyable than their last couple. A return to form I'd say. Gladly spinning this for a while.

15. The Cosmic Dead - 12 (New s/t tape/download is short but sweet. Spacy psychedelic the way it should be)

16. John Zorn - 11 (Got one of his new records At the Gates of Paradise this year and thought it was really mellow for Zorn. Very pleasant. Sounds great back to back with Chick Corea. Weird.

16. Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi - 11 (Got that Rome album with Jack White and Norah Jones ... it's all right I suppose. Good tribute to the likes on Morricone on the instrumentals, but it doesn't have that something to get me to play it more than once or twice)

17. Vibravoid - 7 (New album; short and sweet. Dope. Love that cosmic psychedelia)

17. Monkey3 - 7 (New album; short and sweet. Dope. Same ^)

17. Cloudkicker - 7 (New album Let Yourself Be Huge is free on his bandcamp, as most of his works are. One man band atmospheric ambient metal. This one's a bit softer, but still love it.

18. Mattias IA Eklundh - 6 (New guitar instructional disc comes with a good amount of enjoyable tunes, but it IS an instructional so the tracks aren't really much more than showing off his unique soloing skills and timing. Still worth checking out if you play guitar at all. Hell, get all the Mattias you can get)

18. King Bong - 6 (Just got the 2008 release How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bong based on name alone and was glad I did. Only 4 tracks, but they really sound amazing.)

18. What the Blood Revealed - 6 (New release, finally! Now I don't just have 4 tracks by them... I have 7. These guys need longer releases, like a full length album would be nice. Post-rock-y stuff, very delicious)

Last edited by Mrd00d; 12-09-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote