Music Banter - View Single Post - War on Christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
captaincaptain
I Am Become Death Metal

Default War on Christmas

It's the holiday season. As is tradition over the past 10 years or so (at least here in America), Fox News and other religious zealots such as the American Family Association come out with guns a blazin' with the supposed "War On Christmas". Every time a school leaves out religious songs at school recitals, a company say "Happy Holidays", instead of "Merry Christmas", or a city decides not to put up a Christmas tree these organizations make a big stink about it.
Do you think they have a legit argument? Personally, I've always seen things like Happy Holidays more of a way to cover all bases with different holidays at the end of the year, religious or secular i.e. Thanksgiving, New Year's, Chanukah, etc.. Also believe the government has no business sanctioning any religious holiday, so things like Christmas trees in city squares and stuff shouldn't be allowed. If it's done on private or commercial property that's another thing.

Here's some examples of buffoonery that I've mentioned.

This is a list the AFA comes out every year calling for the boycott of companies for supposedly having policies forbidding the use of "Merry Christmas" and for other reasons.

captaincaptain is offline   Reply With Quote