Music Banter - View Single Post - Talking Heads- Talking Heads: 77- 1977
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Are you trying to fuck me over again

The two are so different despite coming under the new-wave banner, Talking Heads highly innovative, experimental and very uplifting, nobody else quite sounds like them, only Pere Ubu rivalled them at the time and possibly XTC. Wheras the Cars were literally an American new-wave milestone with songs built to last, who were able to evolve out of their early basic sound and Ric Ocasek lyrics and song-writing were one of the most unique around. I need to be in the mood to listen to Talking Heads and appreciate their quality, but The Cars I can put on any time and enjoy and they`re timeless. I`ve also met Ric Ocasek and still treasure his autograph
Maybe because I am from/live in the states, it is the complete opposite for me. As far as whos music I prefer listening to the most often. The Cars have really been overplayed for me through the years, personally anyway. Where the Talking Heads seem more unique, simplified, and fresh.

The personality, style, and sound of the lead vocals is where is personally connect a resemblance in the two.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote