Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #1029 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

I've literally no idea if I've ever bothered doing this, and I've no particular desire to find out. Here goes, then:

AwwSugar: Tireless in welcoming new members, always respectful and level-headed. An incredibly nice girl.

Paloma: She might appear to be incredibly angry, controversial, offensive, defensive and other things that end with "sive", but she's got a heart of gold, really. I've seen her go back in a lot of the pet peeves she's had with other members, myself included.
She's also quite knowledgeable on several issues and has a penchant for some good old post-punk, which is always a good trait, especially considering the fact that I got quite a few brilliant recommendations from her. And let's not forget the fact that she devours books well beyond the humanly possible.

Kayleigh: Again, one of the nicest members on this forum. She seems to stick to more mainstream dance music mostly, but I think she has quite an open mind regarding music in general. And you know, I might just stop by Glasgow one day, I apparently have family there!

mojopinuk: Absolutely terrific taste in comedy; recommended me quite a few series which are now unquestionable favourites. Always seems calm and collected. I've very rarely seen him flying off the handle, and never without sufficient cause.

James: Brilliant lad, no question about it. He contributed to this site enormously, and at such a young age! Very easy to talk to, always a good time. And what can I say? Terrific taste in music.

TheCunningStunt: Effortlessly witty, seemingly addicted to "american indie music" and...well, and all around spiffing chap!

NumberNineDream: Incredibly knowlegeable about 60's psych, quite the skilled drawer and a fascinating person in general. Terrific singing voice as well, crystal clear!

Urban Hatemonger: Wit and hair metal, such things don't often intertwine.

right-track: This man is above any other member. He may have stopped modding, but there's still this certain je ne sais quoi that gives him that status. A Northern Soul Encyclopaedia as well.

Bulldog: Great chap, always seems in good spirits!

Janszoon One day I'll earn one of those laughing emoticons...

Pedestrian: I remember feeling she was quite passive-agressive towards me when I first joined, but she seems quite passionate about music and writing, likes Green Wing and seems to be doing a great job as a mod.

This said, I should probably get to know some of the more recent members, post more and read and comment on more of the journals.