Music Banter - View Single Post - Surreptitiously, However...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #53 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

I should really start posting relevant write-ups instead of cheesy melodramatic descriptions designed to attempt to make people feel gooey inside. And which most certainly don't.

On the other hand, here's my favourite Beatles song:

The White Album is full of interesting tracks, and I always feel like this one is always left standing in a corner, sobbing its eyes out because nobody loves it. Perhaps it gets a bit overshadowed by Helter Skelter, but I actually quite like the fact that such a quiet and beautiful song follows an absolute pounder.
Long, Long, Long is an absolutely brilliant track. It sounds as if George Harrison had an epiphany which elevated him to heights unknown to most, as if he finally found what he was searching for, be it love, God, or whatever. The hammond organ, Ringo's drumming bursting through the track, the hammering of the piano, the rattling bottle of Blue Nun, the simple acoustic guitar, the quiet bass...all of these elements created something which is unmistakably unforgetful, and inherently beautiful. Listening to this song is effectively cleansing one's spirit.

Oh look, I've done it again.

Last edited by The Fascinating Turnip; 03-12-2012 at 02:59 PM.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote