Music Banter - View Single Post - Expletives and Colloquialisms.
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
Stephen
I sleep in your hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Shit, I hate the 'standard imperial' measurement system as much as you blokes (or whatever you like to be called), trust me. I don't mind driving on the right side of the road but the metric system just makes infinite more sense than SI. That's one thing that I feel Americans (stupidly) changed just for the sake of being different.
Yeah I really don't get that one, especially for a country that prides themselves on being progressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Also, I'm fascinated by the 'e as the ultimate' versus 'e as the penultimate' letter in a word issue. Over here, I can write 'theatre' and appear more cultured, for instance, but I couldn't write 'centre' without looking illiterate.
LOL. I can't say I can shed any light on it. It just bugs me because over here you see both variants about equally. I like the e at the end except when it comes to using different tenses of the word then it's just confusing. Like 'centred' doesn't work for me, in that case I prefer 'centered' but I can't really use one without adopting the other hence my annoyance.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote