Music Banter - View Single Post - I don't like your taste in music, and people hate me for it.
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #62 (permalink)
Unicr0n
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Music, of any sort, gives me something else to focus on and use to drown out those sounds.

I imagine you'd notice a hell of a lot more sound-pollution in your various environments if you didn't have the organized sound of music to distract from them, and it's not the pleasant silence you would hope for.
I worked in varying dishrooms as a dishwasher for about three and a half years. None of them allowed music to be played (of course when the managers left said **** THE MAN and put on my goddamn headphones) even though it's a goddamn noisy environment. Dishes, glasses, pots and pans clanking everywhere, the endless, angry drone of the dish machine spewing it's detergent vomit to cleanse the plates, drains draining and mop water being dumped...on and on and on.

I dunno, it might just be because I'm a fan of 'noise' (as a genre), that the workplace sounds never really bothered me.

Except for when the machine beeped to let me know it was out of detergent. I ****ing HATE THAT SOUND.
Unicr0n is offline   Reply With Quote