Music Banter - View Single Post - Expletives and Colloquialisms.
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #45 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Limb View Post
I honestly really like saying "gay" as an insult. No offense to the gays, it's just an awesome insult. The way i think about it, gayness isn't bad, it's just that straight people don't like to be called gay.
Ugh. I'm not trying to be PC or anything, but I don't think that using "gay" as an insult and saying "no offence to gays" really means you're excused or should do it. Whether or not it's supposed not to be offensive, it still associates being "gay" with something bad.
For example: "Man, Phantom, that was such a gay thing of you to do, saying my username sucked!"
It's using the word in a negative way for something people don't have any control over. It's like someone using "black" as an insult. And that would get me like, banned forever. No one would feel comfortable with using "you black person" as an insult. Because it's horrible and it associates being black with being horrible. You just never say that. I don't see why gay people should be treated differently.

On a lighter note, I don't think "ginger" falls into that category. Being ginger, I'm also unlikely to take offence, because you must know how many complete micwankers around these days are ginger. [Like Ed Sheeran for example!]

And I like that,"micwanker", meaning awful musician. I'll use it more often. I've just invented an insult!
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote