Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #612 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Ha-har! Time to climb on board, splice the --- yes, okay, point taken. Enough with the annoying pirate and/or maritime references. But it has been a while since we last searched out some of the unsigned and largely unknown talent out there, so once again we're featuring three acts who you more than likely have never heard of, but whose music is good enough for me to think that perhaps you may want to hear it, and even maybe seek out more on the artistes involved. As ever, our repository of talent comes from SoundClick - Free MP3 music download and much, much more., and these are just the best of what I have heard to date, still going alphabetically.

Yeah, I know. We're still on A. What can you do? There's that much undiscovered talent out there. And this is all just from one website: the Great Pixie only knows how much more I'll find when I eventually finish up on Soundclick!

A Minor Project
No picture at all of this band, but they say on the site that they're a cover band, although they forget to say what that band's name is. This is, as the title suggests, a small side project that the two guitarists are engaging in, but for a sideline it's pretty damn good. It's only a pity they didn't clarify what the name of their actual band is, because if their other stuff is as good as this, they seem to have quite a good future ahead of them.
SoundClick artist: A Minor Project - A minor rock pop project jut for fun
Genre Rock/AOR
Nationality Swedish
Gold Driving, Umbrella

A Monster Named Hugo
They go one better (or worse): no picture and not a scrap of information about themselves. Way to get signed, guys! In style, it's a little hard to pin them down, but I see them as a sort of cross between the Travelling Wilburys and Fleetwood Mac, with a nice poppy sound. They do however obviously have a penchant for long song titles...
SoundClick artist: a Monster Named Hugo - page with MP3 music downloads
Genre Soft rock/pop
Nationality American (Illinois)
Gold You knew it all along, I'll understand if you say to go, Let's keep this journal always, I'll take my curses this time
Silver I promised I could survive all alone (See what I mean?)

Angeles Negros (AN)
Hooray! Finally, someone with a picture! Look, don't be fooled: the last two bands are outstanding, it's just a pity I couldn't carry their image here too, but they didn't provide one. But that doesn't in any way take from their music.

AN (Angeles Negros) are a band from Spain who suffer (or benefit) from the unlikely coincidence of all having the same surname. Unlikely, you say? Surely not. Maybe they're all related? Yeah, to Dracula perhaps: their surname is Nosferatu! So you have Yahve Nosferatu, Shiva Nosferatu, Cristo Nosferatu, Venus Nosferatu and Hades Nosferatu. Noticing a pattern?

Yeah, they're obviously stage names, all chosen to jar with the surname. Given that the rough translation of their name is “black angels”, you should have a fair idea of what to expect. But what of the band themselves? Great stage names are all well and good, but let's not forget Venom: doesn't necessarily guarantee the music is going to live up to the promise of the names. Oh yeah, be warned: they sing in their native Spanish.
SoundClick artist: A N (Angeles Negros) - A N es una banda de metal alternativo compuesta por Yahve Nosferatu, Shiva Nosferatu, Venus Nosferat
Genre Metal, possibly black, could even be progressive. There's a lot going on in there...
Nationality Spanish
Gold Caro o cruz, Principe negro, Fuego frio
Silver Musicalmente 0

So that's it for the last Treasure Chest before Christmas. We'll be back in the New Year to ferret out more unknown bands and artistes who don't deserve to be, and let you have a chance to hear them. Until then, take care and remember, undiscovered gems are out there all over the net, just waiting to be discovered. As ever, if you're an artist on Soundclick, or even not, but want to get your music over to more listeners, get in touch with me and we can arrange a feature here for you. You never know where it may lead!

Now, would someone please tell these seagulls there is no food onboard this ship?