Music Banter - View Single Post - Did You Like Or Hate The Lou Reed & Metallica Album Lulu
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #44 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Salami View Post
Oh man, you're going to absolutely hate me for this.....

It's actually "Whiskey In The Jar", an awful cover of the Thin Lizzy cover of the Dubliner's cover of an old Irish folk song. Guess what? I like it. I think Hetfield, although unable to sound tuneful, really did try for that song. He did his best to put emotion into that song. The way he says "Here I am in prison!!!" sounds to most people ridiculous and contemptible, but I think he puts some real frustration into that song. Although Thin Lizzy's was so much more graceful, Hetfield sounded much more like he really wanted to BE there, and the emotioon was more genuine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
I'm listening to it now, I like the beat to it. Nice going into the second verse.

I admit, I like the slow drive the song carries itself. (OK)..
that's, like,the worst cover there, runner-up is Nick Cave's Loverman

can't you guys develop some taste and like the covers of BOC's Astronomy and Bob Seger's Turn the Page?

as for Lulu, i've tried listening to youtubes of some songs and i can't get past the 10-second mark

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote