Music Banter - View Single Post - Astral Projection and Out-of-body experiences
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Eh, I'm majorly in agreement with the concept of 'escaping the body' being somewhat psychosomatic. But, I'm majorly a skeptic.

However, I do believe in the merits of isolated meditation, and if one could explore his/her mind through Transcendental meditation, I'm all for it. Especially if one could hone mental prowess/creativity to the point of fictionalizing a out of body trip.

As for drugs. I suppose that they could assist one in achieving certain mental states, I mean, that's their purpose. Yet, I'd hesitate to consider Salvia breakthrough. I mean, a lot of people said LSD was breakthrough in the 1960s(and it's probably much more effective at generating hallucinations), and we're no closer to unlocking the mysteries of the spirit world now than we were then.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote