Music Banter - View Single Post - Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures - 2009
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
metalheadmike
Music Addict

Default Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures - 2009

Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures - 2009
Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures - 2009-220px-themcrookedvulturescover.jpg
Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures - 2009
Genre - Hard Rock - Stoner Rock
Record Labels - RCA (UK)
DGC/Interscope (US)
Rating 10 out of 10

Track Listing
1 "No One Loves Me & Neither Do I" 5:10
2 "Mind Eraser, No Chaser" 4:07
3 "New Fang" 3:49
4 "Dead End Friends" 3:15
5 "Elephants" 6:50
6 "Scumbag Blues" 4:26
7 "Bandoliers" 5:42
8 "Reptiles" 4:16
9 "Interlude With Ludes 3:45
10 "Warsaw or the First Breath You Take After You Give Up" 7:50
11 "Caligulove" 4:55
12 "Gunman" 4:45
13 "Spinning in Daffodils" 7:28

Band Members
Josh Homme – vocals, guitars
John Paul Jones – bass guitar, keyboards, piano, clavinet, keytar, slide guitar, slide bass guitar,mandolin, backing vocals
Dave Grohl – drums, percussion, backing vocals

Here's my review of Them Crooked Vultures debut album
Rarely does an album come along that I really can't stop listening to. This is one of those albums. When I first heard about this project. I thought this could be cool. Being a long time fan of there other bands. But I had my doubts. Originally thought probably just sound like Queens Of The Stone Age. But was I wrong. Now it has it's Queens Of The Stone Age sound but with a old school Led Zeppelin vibe to the tracks. If you've heard this it brings the new school Stoner Rock to the old school styling of Led Zeppelin's Hard rock. Josh Homme has never sounded better in my opinion. Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones sound like they been jamming together for years. The music on release is stellar in the delivery and originality. Well if you haven't gave this release a chance. I'd recommend this to fans of Old School Hard Rock and the new school stylings of Queens Of The Stone Age and Foo Fighters. The stand out tracks to me here are all of them. There isn't a weak link in this album

Last edited by metalheadmike; 12-25-2011 at 07:40 PM.
metalheadmike is offline   Reply With Quote