Music Banter - View Single Post - Astral Projection and Out-of-body experiences
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #32 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRIUSB View Post
Science has a pretty good idea how the mind works, not a perfect understanding, but a very good understanding.

All our subjective experiences are neurologically induced, which doesn't make them 'not' real. Reality is subjective as well, things can be as real as you want them to be.
But there is still a lot to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
The problematic thing I think about when reading OBE stories like this is the possibility of it simply being a full out lucid dream. It's difficult to determine how many of these experiences are true, mind asleep body asleep dreams or mind awake, body asleep astral projections/OBEs. I guess it's entirely dependent on how you feel about it, and how real it was to you. Did it feel like a dream or something more?

Note: it's worth noting that some, less skeptical practitioners than me might assert that since our consciousness partially disconnects from us every night when we sleep, sometimes your consciousness will be vibrated completely out of your body while you sleep, sometimes without you even realizing its happening.
It felt like something more than a dream. Especially when I was fully conscious and aware in my mind, yet I couldn't open my eyes or move my body.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote