Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
I'll just start by stating my own position on this matter. I am a deist. However, i don't subscribe to conventional institutionalised religions and i am a Gnostic Christian, believing instead in an impartial chaotic entity, who has already set the universe in motion and has already fixed a linear space-time continuum for all of us, including aliens, if that may be the case.

I think that all life is predestined, and freewill is illusory. I do, however, believe in judgment after death, anyway, and all that Jesus can do is barter on your behalf, like a lawyer plea-bargaining. I have no idea where i'm going to end up when i die, may it be hell, purgatory, heaven or limbo, but i do have a pseudo-scientific notion that i can guide my consciousness, that remains after death, not in the form of a soul, but perhaps iota packets of thought and place such thoughts into a recepient lifeform on another planet, that may resemble such conditions that hell, heaven, purgatory or limbo is portrayed.

Lately however, i have been turning over and over in my head that God merely exists in the mind. There is this neuro-chemical called "leu-enkitalin" that gives you a sense of immense well-being. And this may be triggered by a consensual interaction between human beings, perhaps projecting their own onslaught of "leu-enkitalin" in the belief that God is watching over them, through their own speech and emotiveness, thereby ensnaring other non-believers into this thread of "deception".

And from my own personal experience, i have felt this projection myself, i was evangelised to, and felt this surge of chemical high as the pastor explained to me Christ and prayed over me. And when he talked about the end-times, even something such as heavy rain had me convinced we're nearing the end-times. I am a bit convinced that there is such a neuro-chemical as a "God" neuro-chemical. And when i started to delve into Atheist philosophy, i felt this "god" neuro-chemical leaving me.

There have also been experiments where certain parts of the brain were stimulated, and certain transmitters created a "God" effect and others created a "Devil" effect.

So let's have a healthy debate, shall we?

I have some books on Gnostic Christianity - interesting stuff indeed.

Why on earth would we have such a thing as "leu-enkitalin"?
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote