Music Banter - View Single Post - Astral Projection and Out-of-body experiences
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
I think of we define our consciousness, our "us-ness" as being our soul, then of course I do. But that doesnt mean I inherently believe it can go places, or survive after death. I think it's entirely possible that when we die we simply cease to exist, conscious soul and all. On the other hand, there are a lot of genuinely interesting stories about the concept of a soul free from the body, and I'd love to cling to the idea of some kind of life after death – but I reserve my call for now.
I completely agree. Of course I'd like to believe there is life after death, but I can't be certain that there is such a thing. Being someone who used to speak of a past-life as a child, I find cases like that to be very interesting.

It certainly seems possible that we could simply cease to exist when we die. But I also think that the notion of life after death is possible.

One thing I feel certain about is that there is much more to life than what we understand. And I don't believe that science will ever truly be able to explain why we are here.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote