Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #4142 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykonos View Post
Okay, I need a bit of help from someone who is more knowledgeable in emulators than I am. I own a copy of Pokemon Gold (somewhere) but even if I knew where it was, my DS couldn't play it anyway. Would downloading a Rom of the game be illegal? I've heard from someone that it's just a perfectly legal way of getting handheld games onto your PC for playing, but I'm not fully confident in that source.
It's only legal to download the ROM if you already own the cartridge and even still that's a grey area. How is it that your DS couldn't play it? Isn't there a slot for old games on the bottom of the machine? The super old square carts would stick out a little but should still work same as the rectangular GBA carts.

As for myself I'm SUPER hooked on Team Fortress 2, I got the free version earlier this summer and picked up The Orange Box a while back so that I wouldn't have to deal with the limited backpack inventory. I much prefer this style of MP game over the glut of 'realistic' military shooters you can't escape from. Does anyone else play this or other Steam games?

I'm also hooked on Squadron TD. It's a Starcraft2 mod that pits two teams of 4 in a rather unique tower defense / economy type game. It's the top TD on BNet so there are always players available too.

On the retro side of the fence there was a major D&D Collector's pack recently released that included ALL Baldur's Gate games and expansions, same for Icewind Dale, and Planescape:Torment, and The Temple of Elemental Evil. I'm currently really enjoying ToEE being that it was the only one in the pack that I'd never had a chance to play back in the day, and considering that amount of gaming included in the pack... at $20 it's a super steal for anyone who enjoys classic fantasy RPG gaming.

And Minecraft (if only it didn't take my friend a week to reboot his server after it crashes )

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote