Music Banter - View Single Post - Astral Projection and Out-of-body experiences
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Wow, thanks for that experience mr. dave! That's really interesting, as I've previously heard that viewing your body or looking back on it once you "leave" it, in whatever sense that implies, will rip you out of your experience. Seems this happened to you. I'll have to remember not to do that if I ever manage to have one, which given my current progress, doesn't seem as unlikely as it did just this morning. I've only really started meditating recently and I've been really impressed with the benefits (both practical like relaxation and experimental like astral projection.)
It's all good. Good luck with further experiments into your consciousness haha The main reason I tried looking back onto myself was because I remember a story from one of my Aunt's who claimed to have an OBE years ago where she passed out on a couch then woke up floating near the ceiling of the room and looking down onto herself. She considered it one of the scariest things she'd ever felt (especially where she wasn't meditating or trying to induce any sort of supernatural experience - she just wanted to sleep).

Don't really know what else to add to this thread besides the fact that I'm very much in agreement with Tore's position on drugs in regards to the matter, especially in regards to how people tend to misinterpret the effect of feeling wise with actually being wise. I'm of the belief that there's a significant difference in putting yourself into a trance through mental exercise vs using drugs to induce the same trance and that difference also applies to the value and overall growth involved in the matter. If you can't do it without the crutch (drugs) then you really can't do it on your own.

I don't want to come across like an anti-drug PSA, I still smoke weed, whatever. Do what you like, but I'll always take the person who can experience the weird stuff sober more seriously than the druggie going on and on about their latest 'mind blowing' voyage into the unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote