Music Banter - View Single Post - Phones - Why should I upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Default Phones - Why should I upgrade?

I own a HTC Desire. Its a pretty good phone.

Come Feb, I get my free upgrade on my contract.

Cloudchaser, explain to me as thoroughly as you can, what I will be able to achieve with a newer phone, that I can't achieve with my Desire.

And no, I do not give a single **** about the iPhone. I don't want one, I have never wanted one, I will not want one, and I cannot envision a situation in which I would want one.

With that said, what new **** is happening on phones that'll bring me such a significant improvement in my life as to take the upgrade, rather than ask for a cheaper contract?

My main bugbears on phones are -

1 - Battery Life.
2 - Battery Life. - A user replaceable battery is also a good thing.
3 - I'd like something I can slip in a pocket and be comfortable keeping there. My Desire allows that, and as long as I'm not stupid and don't keep keys there too, I've no reason to believe it'll start looking shabby or break. I don't want something I have to baby or keep in a case. Gimme a phone I can work with. I know touchscreen is ubiquitous, but the Desire's screen is more than tough enough to not get scratched in my pockets, so I'm looking for that or better. (Gorilla glass?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote