Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #58 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Yes, I was thinking of the Type Three Secretion System which is basically a needle-like adaptation for detecting other organisms and secreting proteins. It is made up of a smaller subset of the same proteins which make up the eubacterial flagellum and the two are homologous, meaning they have shared evolutionary ancestry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah, wasn't it shown in some court case about evolution vs intelligent design, that the bacterial flagellum in a simpler state was like a needle that allowed the bubonic plague to inject it's genetic code into a cell?
I hadn't heard about the bubonic plague before, but since it's caused by gram-negative bacterias of which many are known to possess TTSS, that sounds likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Salami View Post
Sadly when I put forward that idea to some ID proponents I was told to show them the evidence in the fossil record, which I couldn't do anything about! And dad was up in Norway!
I think that by logically presenting a case that shows the flagellum is not irreducibly complex, you've already won the argument. After all, had the flagellum really been irreducibly complex, then you shouldn't have an argument to counter that statement with.