Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #67 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Salami View Post
Haha... I'd not call it "garbage", it's just a failure to understand science. What is garbage is when people try and make an argument out of it. Often they know all the names of the biological apparatus, but not how it works or to apply knowledge. They like to start with a conclusion and work towards it, which is really my problem with irreducible complexity.
Yes yes exactly, but that's why it IS garbage! Irreducible complexity is what happens when someone takes everything that science has worked to understand in the last millennium of our existence and misapplies it to align with iron-age beliefs about the nature of the universe. It's really insulting when you sit down and think about it, it's like these people are sticking one big middle finger up at Hawking, Einstein, Russell, Darwin, Bohr, Bernard, Heisenberg, Galilei, Newton, Kepler, and everyone else who has ever contributed to our understanding of modern science. Fuck the people who deny volumes upon hundreds of volumes of meticulous datamongering and experimental analysis over hundreds of years in favor of their one volume that has remained unchanged for the past 2,000 years. It really pisses me off!
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote