Music Banter - View Single Post - Phones - Why should I upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I have an iPhone, but my mom has the Samsung Galaxy S2 and she loves it. You don't need a case for that one. In fact, you really don't need a case for any phone. People are so obsessed with keeping their gadgets in mint condition. A scratch is not going to seriously affect the phone's ability to function properly. The downside to the S2 is that it's fucking huge because the screen is 4.5". It's thin but I imagine it would be uncomfortable to have in your pocket. It's also expensive.

I heard the Samsung Galaxy Ace is good. It's like the S2, but smaller. It's about the same size as an iPhone so it will fit nicely in a pocket.

HTC is also good, as you already know.

If you want something that doesn't break easily, I advise you to stay away from the Blackberry. They are absolute shit. Before I had the iPhone, I had a Blackberry Curve and it fell off a coffee table and broke open. Also, my dad had the Blackberry Torch 9810, the touchscreen one. The battery life was terrible and the screen shattered when he dropped it from a short height.

If you go the smartphone route, plans can get expensive. But you can save a crap load of money by blocking the 3G/4G (whatever it is now) data usage. I did that with my iPhone and now I don't pay more than $30 per month. Most of these smartphones can pick up WiFi signals (the Samsung and iPhones do, I know that for sure), and so many public places have free WiFi, so you don't even need a data plan!
My plan for data is £25 a month for 500MB, an extra £5 for every additional 500MB block. I rarely use it all, much less twice over.

Blackberry, I suppose I should have mentioned. I kind of forgot they exist, but frankly, dextrous though my fingers and thumbs are, as a guitar player, Blackberry typing is a nightmare for me. I was never going to consider one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote