Music Banter - View Single Post - Phones - Why should I upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
My plan for data is £25 a month for 500MB, an extra £5 for every additional 500MB block. I rarely use it all, much less twice over.

Blackberry, I suppose I should have mentioned. I kind of forgot they exist, but frankly, dextrous though my fingers and thumbs are, as a guitar player, Blackberry typing is a nightmare for me. I was never going to consider one.
Okay, yeah that's about $40 here which is about what I paid for 500MB of data. I had that plan for about 3 months, but I wasn't using enough of it to make it worth every penny, so I cancelled the plan and blocked data usage so I would rack up any extra charges if I accidentally used it.

I think Blackberry is on it's way out, really. People like apps and stuff now, and Blackberry doesn't have nearly as much selection as Android or Apple do. I think the only thing they have going for them is BBM, but now iPhones have the new iChat/iMessage feature (and you can send messages to iPod touches and iPads over WiFi) which is free unlike BBM, and I heard that Android might introduce something similar in the near future.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote