Music Banter - View Single Post - How often do you memorize an album, front to back?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 04:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Unicr0n
Music Addict

Oh lord...I've memorized TONS of albums over the years...when an album really resonates with me I can listen to it endlessly, and I invariably pick up every little bit of it. One of the first I ever did this with was Dead Kennedys' 'Plastic Surgery Disasters/In God We Trust, Inc.'

Other notables include Tool's Aenima & Lateralus, Melt-Banana's Cell-Scape, Brand New's Deja Entendu, the Repo! The Genetic Opera Soundtrack, and probably roughly eight million others.

On a semi-related note, last year I went on a road trip with my girlfriend at the time, down to California, and I was digging through her cds and found the first Hoobastank album. I hadn't heard that album in probably...eight years or so. I threw it on for the hell of it, and to my shock (and mild horror) I recalled every. single. lyric. And all the music came back to me instantly.

Why can I remember that sort of crap, but half the time I can't remember to turn the light off in my goddamn bedroom before I leave the house?
Unicr0n is offline   Reply With Quote