Music Banter - View Single Post - It's Fusion Week!
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Oh man, I thought this thread was all about jazz fusion when I encounter the word fusion these days, it's almost always in relation to jazz / rock ..

The thematic scope for this week just became a lot bigger!

edit :

Sorry for posting National Health again (prog/jazz fusion), but everyone who's read any of my posts in the music sections the last year may have caught on that I absolutely adore this band and everything they ever did. The band is a Canterbury supergroup containing more talent than what usually goes well, but they managed to stay brilliant during the bands somewhat short lifetime.

In the hope that someone will find them interesting, I'll post some songs (which I've probably posted before). They're a bit hard to get into maybe, but the song anyone's first likely to love by them I think would be the Bryden 2-Step for Amphibians. It has a slow building start you should try and endure before it becomes fantastic.

The Collapso is a good song for showcasing their quirkier side. My wife has real struggles with it, but I love it

If you wanna hear an example of why the Hammond Organ is one of the coolest instruments ever played by keyboardists, just listen to the first 30 secs or so of Dreams Wide Awake (Hammond enters at about 20 secs in).

Last edited by Guybrush; 12-19-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote