Music Banter - View Single Post - (_____) Changed My Life.
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
It's nice to see some love for Bazooka Tooth. I've always felt so alone thinking that it's one of his greatest works. All of it. Also .. you're into Sunny Day Real Estate?

Yeah, I thought it was his high point lyrically. The production wasn't great, i think it was him starting to produce his own stuff(because hail mary mallon, felt 3 were awesome), it sounds a lot like its trying to emulate el-p unsuccessfully. His intense snarl and aggravated tone carry it for me though, but I could totally understand being bored by it.

and of course i like sunny day real estate son!

Quote:
Back to original topic.

Then, well into young adulthood came..
Viktor Vaughn and his Vaudeville Villain album.

This album changed my life and will be a hard album to ever beat as my personal favorite rap album. It's hard to describe why exactly. It's just that it was the first album that ever felt so totally complete. Everything just fits. Doom's rhymes, his voice, the beats, even the skits. I honestly feel that this album elevates rap into the realm of high art. Or at least that's how it felt back when it changed my life. After this, I could listen to each and every rap album with a more critical ear and allowed me to explore my deeper feelings about all rap.
So many great lines from this album.

Quote:
"Party people ask him how you so mean and still quiet could it be the codine in your diet
I'm like what I look like a doctor"
and so many others but its a lot of effort to find them.

You can definetly hear kool keith influence a lot on it, but it's way craftier and more rewarding to listen to then any of keiths matireal ive tried.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote