Music Banter - View Single Post - Orgasm In Journal Form-A James Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

A few points, or replies, or responses, whatever you like to call them.

First off, sorry that you had such a crappy year. I know what that's like, but that's another story. Something that did strike a chord with me though was your recounting of your best-friend-to-more-than with that girl. I had something very similar, and yes, it's a real pain when the feelings are not reciprocated isn't it? You kind of wish you hadn't said anything. Makes a mockery of that old adage, "nothing to lose by asking". Of course there is! A whole friendship, sometimes.

Hope things are getting a bit more on track for you now, and you're looking forward to Christmas. One point on Amy Winehouse: no it was not nice what people said, but the view I took was that she constantly refused treatment, acted like there was nothing wrong with her, and really, created a terrible role model for impressionable young girls. I think that was unforgivable, and while I would never say anyone deserves to die, I do find it hard to have much sympathy. It's like George Best: given TWO chances at life and he STILL drank himself to death! In my opinion, that's thumbing your nose at fate and daring her to do her worst. Baaaad move...

Anyway, though they may not be your favourites, I would just like to point out that we lost two rock legends over the course of the last two years, Ronnie James Dio and Gary Moore, and yes, it's terribly sad when people that talented and respected die so young.

As for Westlife disbanding, well sorry but I did pop the odd champagne cork! Being an Irishman too sort of lent weight to my feelings about them. It annoyed me that their breakup was HEADLINE NEWS. I mean, HEADLINE. Front of the papers. And I'm not talking the Mirror, either. Respectable Irish newspapers led with the story, as did the news. What sort of world are we living in?

But in the spirit of the season, let me wish you a Happy Christmas and hope the new year will be a lot better for you.
And good luck at university!

Trollheart